Sunday, September 8, 2019

On the Road

It's been too long!  No news is good news, and there has been much of that, but little related to my health.  All is well.

Health

I have an eventful couple of weeks ahead of me.  I will meet with a radiologist on Tuesday to discuss a cervical spinal tap.  This tap will be closer to the site of my tumor, be guided by and MRI, and hopefully will yield some tumor cells that can be sequenced to determine the tumor's genetic makeup.  The tap will essentially be in the back of my neck, which is a sensitive, compact part of the nervous system, and may come with some risk.  I don't fully understand those risks, but will have a better idea after that meeting, and may then proceed to have the tap done on Wednesday morning.

The following week, I'll have my first scan since July, and we'll have another look at what's happening inside.  My symptoms do fluctuate a bit, but don't seem to have progressed, so I am anticipating a good scan.  Finger's crossed.  I'll be a little quicker to update you all when the news comes in.

Life

It's been an eventful month.  Sarah, Mimsy and I traveled to the Oregon a couple of weeks ago, where my sister and Sarah's brothers live.  We spend a week on the coast, digging in the sand, watching whales swim by, running along the beach, and even a couple of brisk swims.  Pure summer.  Mims loved playing with her cousins, and asserting her growing independence - going off by herself and checking to make sure all was well with her napping Honey Bear.  Thanks to everyone who made that trip happen - David and Sallie, especially.




My college friends Andy and Jason came to visit, and inspired large gatherings of friends, and a late season lake swim.  I somehow lucked into having brilliant, energetic, and caring friends in life.  Thank you both for visiting and for all the laughs.


More soon!

No comments: