Monday, September 16, 2019

All things stable

Good news!  I had my two-month MRI today, and my scan looks good.  Officially, the tumor appears to be stable, possibly a bit smaller / less intense in some areas.  Today was a somewhat anxious day, starting with an MRI (my soundtrack of choice is the Magic Flute - a melodic compliment to the alien rhythms of the MRI machine) , and then waiting, blood samples, more waiting, and the results.  I'm happy to be through it and sharing the news with you. 

I'll start another course of chemo (themozolomide) this week.  I'm half way through the standard course of this chemo, which will finish in December.  At that time, we'll revisit spinal taps and liquid biopsy options, and possible additional treatments.  I'll have another scan in November, and hopefully will continue to see good results. 

Mims and I spent the weekend with friends on the North Shore of Lake Superior.  The beauty of the North Shore always surprises me - sharp granite cliffs that drop into deeply blue fresh water that goes on forever.  To our wonderfully kind hosts Ashwini, Zack, Diane and Dana - thank you for having us along.  Let's do it again.




More travel and adventures to come.  Love to you all.

1 comment:

Webb Haymaker said...

Hey Karl, Glad to see treatment is going well. Thanks for updating your blog. It's great for me to check in. I hope you continue to be well. Webb