Health
I finished chemotherapy, round 2 last week. My neuro-oncologist increased my dose because I tolerated the first round so well, and I'm optimistic I'll continue to reap the benefits. My chemo is an oral medication that I take for five days, then get 20 days off. I'll check in with my neuro-onc again in mid-August, and then have another scan in mid September.
Good news - I'll be getting another spinal tap. This one will be closer to the site of my tumor and will be guided by MRI. It's more likely this sample will contain tumor cells that may lead to targeted therapies, and, as I understand it, there is no additional risk with this technique.
My symptoms seem to be holding steady. That and a stable scan gives the comfortable feeling of time spreading out, life expanding. I'm continuing to feel well, and am making plans for some trips in the summer and fall to be with family and friends. I hope to see you.
Life
Sarah and I just got back from an overnight in a cabin at Whitetail Woods - a magical place, chatting and reading on a balcony overlooking a pine forest. Thanks Chris and Mary for providing the inspiration. If you're in Minneapolis, it's worth a trip.
My good friend Tim was out from Charlottesville this week. We spent a day eating, talking, catching up. Thank you for coming, Tim.
Mims enjoyed a week with lots of swimming and captained my mother's pontoon boat for a bit. Summer is in full swing. We're headed to a cabin on the St. Croix next week with our friends Emily and Justin from Wilmington. Lots of swims and sunsets ahead. Be well, enjoy this time of year, and more soon.
Sarah and I just got back from an overnight in a cabin at Whitetail Woods - a magical place, chatting and reading on a balcony overlooking a pine forest. Thanks Chris and Mary for providing the inspiration. If you're in Minneapolis, it's worth a trip.
My good friend Tim was out from Charlottesville this week. We spent a day eating, talking, catching up. Thank you for coming, Tim.
Mims enjoyed a week with lots of swimming and captained my mother's pontoon boat for a bit. Summer is in full swing. We're headed to a cabin on the St. Croix next week with our friends Emily and Justin from Wilmington. Lots of swims and sunsets ahead. Be well, enjoy this time of year, and more soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment