Hi everyone,
I don't have much in the way of big news this week. We're enjoying the summer in Minnesota. Mims is an enthusiastic dancer whenever we run into music. And we're looking forward to upcoming visits with family and friends in the coming weeks.
My treatment started over the weekend, and I complete a first course of chemotherapy. I take this medication at home as a pill; it's the same medication I was on 8 years ago. At the end of July, I'll have another scan and will learn more about how well it's working. I will likely learn more about my liquid biopsy then, and related options for treatment that is tailored to the genetic makeup of my tumor.
I'm feeling about the same - symptoms come and go, and I'm on a steroid to help reduce swelling and ease my symptoms, and it's also expected to help me sustain my appetite through chemotherapy. So far, so good. The steroid provided some quick relief, and has greatly improved my balance and vision. I am also experiencing some weakness in my right hand and leg, and most noticeably my voice is a bit harder to hear. Some days are better than others. I keep track of the symptoms as a way of trying to understand what's happening inside of me, and take comfort in the apparent slow speed of the changes.
I have something I'd like to share with you - I gave a talk in DC last week, wrapping up a year-long study of public housing landscapes, which is a big part of the work I do a landscape architect. My voice is already a bit faint here, but good enough to carry through. If you enjoy it, I'd be happy to share more with you. Thanks to everyone who let me practice with them.
Karl Krause - Between Neighbors from LandscapeArchitecture Foundation on Vimeo.

2 comments:
I enjoyed reading your updates and watching your video. Jane Jacobs would be proud. I wish I could live on your block!
So glad you shared the video of your talk since David and I could not go to DC to attend the presentation in person. Based on the preview you gave us a couple of weeks before the presentation, you did a great job with further developing and refining your talk and slides. Your thesis is clear and compelling. Really, really nice, Karl.
Post a Comment