Had the Post Office in Boston known my PO Box was going to be so busy, I'm afraid they would have charged me double! Mail continues to pour in... post cards, books, letters, cds, mp3s, kale recipes, mustache t-shirts, instructions and the necessary implements to go buy some ice cream (very clever, Jack!), and more - all from people I love dearly, and even people I only just met. Visiting the Post Office is the highlight of my day. To be so cheered is a reminder of how tremendously important it is to give to others - a reminder I have a lifetime to practice.
It's been a good while since my last update, so let's get you caught up on the treatment news.
I had my first checkup at my neuro-oncologists office and learned that my blood is 100% normal. That means my bone marrow is doing well and that everything is as it should be, bloodwise. Tomorrow marks the half way point for my treatments, and I'm continuing to feel well. My appetite is fine, I'm able to eat anything delicious, and I've been on a few runs this week. Treatment feels like it's going by very quickly.
Sarah and I travelled to Pennsylvania this weekend to visit her family. Her aunt Ellen treated us to the Chester County Antique show, full of ceramic pooches, weather vanes, and some very cool old maps. My growing shutterbuggedness was met with some alarm by the antique dealers, so I've got to keep those photos under wraps.
Sarah's parents took us to see Winterthur, the home of Henry Francis DuPont, who was quite the entertainer and horticulturalist. Winterthur's "March Bank" was in bloom - a sea of purple crocus "tommies." Best of all, it was wonderful to feel so welcomed by the Joneses, share meals, catch up on all the news of West Chester, and enjoy a respite from treatment here in Boston.
Winterthur's March Bank
Butter Jones, ready to roll...
The Frog Pond in Boston Common is beginning to thaw out, and ice skating season has come to an end. Spring is here - a time for growth, light, and more blogging! I've got some drafts in the works, and now that I'm nearing the half way point, it's time to start blogging with gusto. Nutrition, protons, optimism - all topics to come! Good to have you here, and see you here again very soon!
...and I just can't resist this video of me celebrating the half way point of treatment. All downhill from here! My friend Alex posted it to facebook recently and it cracks me up every time. This seal is a resident at the Boston Aquarium...I may just have to go meet her myself!

No comments:
Post a Comment