After months of doctor's visits, research, and incredible support from friends, I leave for Boston on Saturday to receive Proton Radiation treatment. It's been a long journey to get here, and I'm very pleased that treatment will get started soon. I found a video online of a Proton machine. It looks like a secret fortress for a Bond villain- I'm sure the real thing will be a little more cozy (and there hasn't been any mention of a fluorescent green blanket, either...).
Now that's probably not the most accurate representation of what to expect, but it does look ultra sophisticated! I'm imagining something a little different... like the video posted below.
Quite honestly, I am just a bit nervous about starting treatment - and a major bit eager to finish radiation in mid April. The studies I've read on my tumor suggest that my symptoms (duration and severity) are a good indication of prognosis, and if that is the case, I couldn't be better. My dizziness, nausea and fatigue have disappeared almost entirely. Maybe it's the fish oil... maybe it's the email you sent me... I'm not sure. Whatever it is, it's working. I'm feeling great these days - as good as I have since November.
Sarah and I are making final preparations for the trip and enjoying all of your suggestions of things to see and do in Boston. We were just talking the other day about what a rare treat it is to spend so much time in a city that offers so much, and that we know so little. Next week we'll have a PO Box number in the neighborhood, which I'll post on the blog. No package is too big! And there will be many more blog updates to come after a week in Puerto Rico.
More from Boston coming soon. Time to fly. Love to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment