It's hard to believe over a year has past since this blog began. And what a year it has been. I have never lived more fully, or lived so much as I have this year. Much in me feels reawakened, and that brings me a great joy. The year has brought me many wonderful new friendships, exciting ideas, and so many great pleasures. Thank you for being a part of it.
I've left many of you in the dark these past few months, possibly wondering how I was doing but not sure how to ask. I'm doing well. Better than I was in June, and better still than a year ago. From June - November I was treated with chemotherapy, which fatigued my body some, but allowed me to go about life as usual. MRIs in August and November showed my tumor continuing to decrease in size. The tumor is a bit like a balloon... radiation popped the balloon and killed the tumor cells, and now the skin of the balloon is still in there, where it will always stay. In November, my excellent Dr. Moertel, who is a pediatric oncologist at the University here, reviewed my MRI and told me that I should be "very happy" with the results of radiation. He advised that I stop taking chemo, and I've now had three months of feeling better and better. No words can express how good it feels to be through that.
Yesterday was my first MRI in three months, and the tumor was smaller still, if only slightly. So small, my doctor says, that a radiologist might night even notice the tumor if it was my first MRI.
So what happens from here? Well, if history is any lesson, probably very sporatic blogging and an agreement between me and you that no news is good news. You're always welcome to ask how I'm doing, and rest assured I'll let you know if anything changes.
Sarah and I are now enjoying the company of our cat Gorce (sounds like horse), who is zipping around the house and meowing, more like chirping, every chance she gets. I ran the Twin Cities 10-Mile back in October - not exactly a PR, but quite an achievement for me while still taking chemotherapy. I'm enjoying teaching this spring and am getting less terrible at guitar on a daily basis. All is well, and I hope you are too.
No comments:
Post a Comment