Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Home Sweet Home

In the words of Mother Goose...

To market, to market, to buy a fat pig,
Home again, home again, jiggety-jig.

It's good to be home. I arrive last night to find my apartment stocked with things to juice, delicious eats, and posters and collages everywhere - smiles provided by Ashwini, Ben, Eric, Kelly, Sam and Zack. It's good to be back!



I was on Talk of the Nation today - which featured a discussion with Siddhartha Mukherjee on the relationship between brain cancer and cell phone use. You can download the show tomorrow on the Talk of the Nation website. Dr. Mukherjee won a pulitzer prize this week for his book The Emperor of All Maladies and is a former Mass General employee. I haven't fished it yet, but from what I've read, the book is as entertaining as it is well researched, and well worth reading.

Just minutes into settling in at home, I am off to Wisconsin to spend time with my parents and rest a bit. I'm generally feeling well these days, and much less fatigued. Some symptoms associated with radiation are still on the way down - radiation symptoms often get a bit worse for a short while after treatment is done, so there is a little waiting to do. The blog is going to take a brief nap, and will wake up with all sorts of fascinating dreams to share soon!

No comments: